The Cathedral Organs

The cathedral is served by two organs.  The main cathedral pipe organ was built by Norman & Beard in 1898, and formerly located in St. Saviour’s Anglican Church, Walton, Place,  London.  The restoration and installation was undertaken in 2002 by Peter D.G. Jewkes Pty Ltd.

This large three manual instrument is noteworthy for the brilliance and cohesiveness of its choruses, which are immense-loud, rather than aggressive-loud, its superb reeds (including the splendid high-pressure Tromba and Swell reed chorus), and the kaleidoscope of tone colours available in the array of flutes and strings.

The full history and specification details of the organ can be viewed at http://home.vicnet.net.au/~ohta/Sydney_conf/STPATRICKSCath.html

The Blessed Sacrament Chapel, (formerly the original church) contains a 2 manual Viscount purchased in 2006.   The organ is on a platform which can be wheeled into any position in the chapel or cathedral.